WHO WE ARE
We are Sportbuddy.io Ltd (company number 09953421) and our address is GPG House, Walker Avenue, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK12 5TW (referred to as "we" or "us" or "our"). We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner's Office WITH registration reference ZA215687 . We are the providers of the SportBuddy.io mobile application software (referred to as the "App"). If you have any queries or comments about this policy, our use of your personal information or wish to unsubscribe from marketing and communication messages from us, please get in touch via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or please write to our Customer Service Team at the address above. A reference to "you" or "your" is a reference to a user of our App or any of our services.
SCOPE OF POLICY
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
Information you give us ("Submitted Information") : We will collect the information that you give to us when using our App, such as your name and contact details. We may also collect information that you provide to us when you download the App, register to use the App, subscribe to any of our services, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on or accessible via the App, enter into competitions, promotions or surveys and when you report a problem with the App or any of our services. We will also collect information that you provide to us by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, through the feedback function on the App or otherwise.
Information we collect about you and your device: Each time you use our App we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use and time zone setting ("Device Information");
- details of your use of our App or your visits to our Site via the App, your location data if this function is enable on your Device, and the resources that you access ("Log Information").
Location Information: We may also use GPS technology to determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose upon registering to use the App. You can withdraw your consent at any time by turning off the location services settings for the App on your Device.
Information we receive about you from third parties ("Third Party Information"): We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide via the App. In this case, we will have informed you, when we collected that data, that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on the App. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, social media platforms, business partners (including gyms and sports clubs), sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Main uses of your data
This section of the policy describes the things that we do with your data that relate directly to your use of the App and any of the services accessible through the App, this includes the Submitted Information. They are the things that we hope you would expect us to do with your information. We will use your information:
- to provide the services available on our App to you;to deliver relevant advertising to you whilst you are on the App.
- to provide services and information to third parties, which they can use to benchmark their performance;
- to customise and enrich your experience on our App;
- to allow you to participate in the interactive services, competitions or promotions available on or via our App;
- to deliver relevant advertising to you whilst you are on the App.
This section of the policy describes the things that we do with your data that arise from our monitoring ofthe App and the collection of your information whilst using the App, this includes Device Information, Log Information and Location Information. We may use this information:
- to identify patterns that we can use in our marketing strategy and to help us develop, administer, support and improve our services, features and adverts;
- to conduct analytic reviews that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our App;
- to provide and find ways to improve location-based products and services in conjunction with our affiliates and licensees;
- to ensure that content from our App is presented in the most effective manner for you and for you Device;
- to administer our App and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; and
- as part of our efforts to keep our App safe and secure.
USE OF YOUR DATA FOR MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
You consent to marketing and communication services that we provide when you create an account on our App. We may use your personal information, including Third Party Information, to provide marketing messages to you or allow us or third parties to communicate with you on third party services. You can opt out of marketing and other communications at any time (please see “Your Rights” below). The types of things that we may do include:
- providing direct marketing advertisements and communications to you via email, text, post or telephone or via our selected third parties (including gyms and sports clubs);
- making suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our App about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- communicating with you on third party social media platforms and sharing your information with that social media platform;
- providing your information to selected third parties (including gyms and sports clubs) that we believe may be able to offer you goods or services that are of interest so that they can contact you about their goods and services; and
- monitoring the effectiveness of our direct marketing communications and your responses to it.
We may associate any category of information with any other category of information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We retain access to all personal information that we have collected from you or about you. Once your information has been passed to one of the other users of the App when you communicate with them through the App then that user will have a copy of the information that you have provided about your
sporting interests and your contact details, which they may use to get in touch with you. We are not responsible for use (or misuse) of your information by any of the users of our App once in their possession. We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Sportbuddy.io Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request;
- In order to protect the rights, property or safety of Sportbuddy.io Ltd our customers and other users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It will also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. These staff may be engaged in the fulfilment of your request or the provision of
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of the App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our App; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We will collect and store personal data on your Device using application data caches and browser web storage (including HTML 5) and other technology.
We will collect and store personal data on your Device using application data caches and browser web storage (including HTML 5) and other technology.
Certain services on the App include social networking, chat room or forum features. Ensure when usingthese features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data at any time.
You consent to marketing and communication services that we provide when you create an account on our App. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by clicking on the ‘deactivate account’ button in Settings on the App or by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any marketing communications (which will deactivate your account). You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
The Data Protection Act 1998 ("DPA") gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the DPA. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.